Microsoft Office is a hub of professional applications that are needed by the working group as well as people who are involved in educational activities. These apps are available in different productivity suites that have been specifically created in such a manner that users with different needs can choose the desired set of apps present in a particular suite. The more you use them, the more you will love them because each app plays an important role and serves an important purpose in everyday use.
Some of the most common applications included in each suite are MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and then there are other applications such as Outlook, Access, OneNote, Teams, and so on. Nowadays, the most commonly used Office version is Office 365. Now, it has been known as Microsoft 365 and is the latest version of Microsoft Office.
Find the right Office plan for you
The premium Office apps are available in different plans which are highlighted below:
For Home- Microsoft 365 Family is a convenient subscription that can be used by up to 6 people and offer 6 TB of cloud storage. The plan includes all the latest apps of Office such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, and OneDrive. Other than this, Microsoft 365 Personal also includes all the said applications and is perfect for an individual. The next in the Home category is, Office Home and Student 2019whihc can be easily installed on 1 PC or Mac from office.com/setup.
For Business- Microsoft 365 Business Basic is the best plan for businesses and includes the most needed application that is Microsoft Teams. Next, we have Microsoft 365 Business Standard which includes many Office apps along with business email, cloud storage capacity, and so on. In addition to this, you also have the option to choose from Microsoft 365 Business Premium, and Microsoft 365 Apps.
For Enterprise- in this plan, you will get to use Microsoft 365 │Enterprise which is best for taking your productivity to the next level. This plan is the leader in the field of cloud-based productivity. The plan includes all intelligent applications with world-class security.
For education- Office 365 Education is the best plan for students as well as educators. The eligible individual can sign up for this plan for free by using their institutional IDs. The plan includes apps such as OneNote, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Microsoft Teams. Other than this, it also has several classroom tools that will take your productivity to greater heights.
To use any of these plans, you need to buy one of the subscriptions and deploy it on a compatible device. To check the compatibility of your device, you can navigate to the official website of Microsoft and go to the system requirements page.
Using Office product key for the first time
Office setup product key is a set of 25 digits alphanumeric and unique characters. You need to redeem the product key before you can start with the downloading procedure. Once the product key gets linked to your account, you don’t need to enter it again and again. The steps to redeem the product key are given below:
- Firstly, open the URL www.office.com/setup from your web browser.
- Next, you need to sign in with your Microsoft account.
- You can also sign up for creating a new account.
- Now, enter the product key in the given space without putting any hyphens.
- Finally, your screen will show up some prompts which you need to follow one-by-one.
It’s time to download your software
- Go to www.office.com from your preferred browser.
- Next, click on the ‘Sign in’ option.
- Enter the login details of the account with which you previously linked the product key.
- Now, the home page of the Office will open.
- From here, select the ‘Install Office’.
- Again, click on the ‘Install’ option.
- Now, Office will begin downloading on your device.
Install Office with these easy steps
- First, select ‘Run’ if you are using Edge or Internet Explorer.
- Select ‘Setup’ in Chrome or select ‘Save File’ in Firefox.
- When the User Account Control prompt appears on your screen, click on the ‘Yes’ option.
- As soon as you do this, the installation will begin.
- If you see an animation playing on your screen, it means the installation has finished.
- Finally, select ‘Close’ when it is done.
Finally activate your Office setup
- Click on the Start button of your Windows device.
- Enter the name of an Office application e.g. Word.
- Click on its icon to open the app.
- Now, you will see the license agreement page.
- Accept the agreement after reading it thoroughly.
- The office is now activated and ready to be used.
Having trouble installing Office? Try these resolutions
Sometimes, a user might come across glitches while installing Office setup on his device. This might happen due to several reasons. One of the most common reasons for this is the incompatibility of your device with the software. Make sure you check the system requirement before undergoing the deployment process.
To get rid of the issue, you can
- Restart your system and try installing Office again.
- Remove all the leftovers from the failed installation of the Office setup.
- Re-install Office via office.com/setup
- Disable firewall or antivirus for a while and then install Office.
- Try repeating the steps in systematically.
By now, you must be able to download your Office setup file and install it successfully. To avoid any hassles during the process, you are suggested to use the product key very carefully. Multiple attempts of entering the product key might result in its blocking.