Having an Apple Id is necessary if you wish to shop the iTunes stores, buy an app, Sign in to iCloud, and a lot more. But sometimes, a user forgets the password of his Apple ID. In this situation, he neither can access his Apple account nor do anything related to it. Therefore, doing Apple id password reset becomes necessary to gain access to your account once again.
To reset apple id password, one ought to have his hands on the necessary password reset options such as recovery phone number or email account. In case you do not have any of these, then it will be nearly impossible for you do complete the apple id password reset. Therefore, you must follow the instructions given in this article carefully to reset apple id password through various methods.
Ways to reset Apple id password
A user can apply the steps given below for apple id password reset. He can either do it from any trusted iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac or use someone else’s Apple device. You can also use someone else’s iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Method 1- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- First of all, go to the Settings of your device.
- Here, you need to tap on your name.
- After this, click on the Password & Security option.
- Further, you need to click on Change Password.
- Those who have signed into iCloud will get a prompt to enter the device’s passcode.
- In the end, just follow some instructions to reset apple id password. Visit:- https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201487
Method 2- On your Mac
These steps are applicable on macOS Catalina
- Select the Apple menu.
- Go to System Preferences.
- Here you need to click on the Apple Id option.
- Further, click on Password & Security option.
- When you are prompted to enter the Apple ID password, tap on “Forgot Apple ID or password” and follow the instructions you see on your screen.
- After this, click on Change Password.
- To end the apple id password reset process, you might need to enter the unlock password of your device.
Method 3- On macOS Mojave, High Sierra, or Sierra
- Initiate by tapping on the Apple menu.
- After this, you need to choose the System Preferences option.
- Further, click on iCloud followed by tapping on Account Details.
- When prompted for the password of Apple ID, click on “Forgot Apple ID or password”.
- After this, you need to follow the onscreen instructions.
- Further, click on the Security tab.
- Next, tap on Reset Password or Change password.
- Now, you are done with the process to reset Apple id password.
Apple id password reset can also be done by using a trusted phone number, trusted email, or a recovery key. One of the best options for apple id password reset is to use the recovery key. For more information, you can visit office.com/setup the official website of Apple.