Since the time users have set up Microsoft Office on their devices, it has been doing a marvelous job for them. Despite the fact that it is easy to deploy the Office setup via office.com/setup, it sometimes starts creating hassle in the work of Mac users. This makes them unable to use certain features of MS Office.
One should not worry in this situation as there are ways through which this problem can be fixed. The troubleshooting method includes certain steps which need to be followed in the same order as discussed. If not followed properly, the problem can get more severe. Hence, Mac users can go through the steps mentioned in this article and do as described.
Steps to Troubleshoot Problems with Office for Mac
Sometimes Office for Mac suite downloaded via office.com/setup creates trouble while you try to work with Word documents or use PowerPoint to make presentations. In this situation, you should first restart your Mac device and check if the issue persists. If yes, follow the manual steps given below:
- At first, go the menu of your device and select “Utilities”.
- After this, tap on the “Disk Utility” program to launch it and then move to the next step.
- Now, tap on your Mac device’s name followed by “First Aid” tab.
- Now choose “Repair Disk Permissions” and check the box present next to it.
Hopefully, this has resolved the issue. If not, go through the next method.
(Note: This method requires you to log in with the administrator account)
- First of all, you have to perform a safe boot of your Mac device.
- Now, you have to restart your device in the Safe mode.
- After this, you can try to reset Office applications separately. Here we are taking the example of MS Excel.
- For this, you have to close all the programs running on your Mac.
- Now go to the tab and click on the “Library” option.
- After this, open the preferences folder.
- From here drag the Excel file to the desktop.
To sum up-
Now use the file by directly opening it from the desktop. If the issue still persists, you might need to delete the corrupted files present on your Mac device. If this procedure doesn’t work right for you, you may try to uninstall Office setup and re-install it again.
Smith is an acclaimed technical writer and his articles have appeared in a number of tech websites. His articles contribute to the latest technology, solutions to technical issues in top branded printers, and viruses, and emails. He focuses on balancing informative contents along with all technical needs. Visit@:- office.com/setup.