In every PC that is used in a working space, we will find a copy of Microsoft Office. This is because it has apps and tools that are necessary for work such as creating documents, managing data, or storing info. For this purpose, Microsoft has build apps such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. Along with this, there are several versions made available for the users so that they can complete their work within a stipulated time. For fulfilling these purposes, users can either purchase it from the official website of Office or from a third-party retailer.
After buying the desired Office product, users do not know how to use it or install it for the first time. For them, this instruction-based article will prove to be of great help. We will also learn the method to reinstall it if you wish to install it again. Office 365 or Office 2019 users can go through this article to deploy it on Windows or Mac. However, the detailed guidelines are given in the product packaging itself but if you are unable to follow them, you can continue with the steps given in the next section.
Directions to install MS Office
Before you begin, keep the product key handy. You may find in the product packaging if you have purchased the product from the retailer. If you have bought it online, then you will find it in the inbox of your registered email address. Here, you will also find the link office.com/setup from where you can install Office.
- After visiting office.com/setup, click on the ‘Sign In’ option.
- Or, create a new Microsoft account and then log in.
- After this, enter your product key/activation code. This lets Microsoft know that you have purchased the product legally.
- Further, select your country as well as language.
- Note down the code for reinstalling Office.
- After this, select the ‘Install Office’ option.
- For the product installation, select the ‘Install’ option once again.
- Either run, save or cancel the installation.
- Consecutively, you need to go to the ‘Downloads’ folder of your device.
- Click on the .exe file to run it.
- Select ‘Yes’ when a dialog box prompts on your screen. It may ask if you wish to make changes or not.
What happens next?
When you complete this process, the installation will begin automatically. If the installer prompts you to close the programs, you need to close them. Also, when it is done, you will see the confirmation screen saying that you are ready to use it. You will also see a short animation playing on your screen. After this, you can close the window. You might also be prompted to install Office updates, for which you can select the desired option.
How To reinstall Office
- Login to your registered account
- Go to the My Account tab
- Click on the download link present there
- Follow the installation instructions from the previous section
In case, the installation file is already present on your device, then you may run it directly from there. For additional information on this, you may go through the official website if Office.com/setup or get expert assistance. Make sure not to disclose the product key with anyone because anyone might steel it.