Microsoft has designed various Operating system for executing the users’ device and some of the commonly used OS includes Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 and many more. The company has also allocated a free service to its users for getting a regular notifications about the updates of their respective Windows OS. The updates of Windows OS consists of latest security technologies, newly designed bug fixers, enhanced features, advanced user interfaces, latest drivers and other such updates.
The installation of updates of Windows Operating System or keeping it up-to-dated plays a keen role as it provides the improved security features to the users’ device. Thus, making the users’ device more secure and protected via latest technologies. Sometimes, we notice that the users face some common errors while installing the updates of Windows Operating System. One such common errors is “Windows Update Database Error”. It is also known as “Potential Windows Update Database Error”.
Use effective measures to resolve the issue
Once this error gets on the users’ device, they may see the error message on the screen. Thus, if such error is displayed on the screen of the users’ device then, they have come to the correct place. Even the Microsoft also provides a team of technicians or expert in order to assist their users for resolving the commonly faced errors. If the steps in this article are not able to resolve the users concern then, users should visit the official website i.e. Office.com/Setup. Here, Experts of Microsoft will also give effective measure for resolving the “Windows Update Database Error”.
Steps to Fix Windows Update Database Error:
Before jumping to cure of the Windows Update Database Error, the users should know about the cause of its occurrence. Users may face this error because of the following reasons:
- Execution of the Windows Update troubleshooter using a corrupted system.
- Update of the Windows are unable to access the C:\ drive of the device.
Thus, by following the stepwise procedure descripted below, the users will be able to resolve the Windows Update Database Error in an effective manner. The steps are as follows:
- Execute DISM Tool: Using the DSIM tool, the users may easily repair their Windows Recovery Environment, as well as Windows Image. For executing the DSIM toll, follow the steps below:
- Launch the Command Prompt on the device.
- Remember to execute the Command Prompt as Administrator.
- On the Command Prompt screen, type the command as shown below followed by pressing the ‘Enter’ key:
“DSIM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth”
- Thus, the Windows Update file will be repaired. If you are unable to repair the file, write the command as shown below followed by enter key, again:
“DSIM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestroreHealth /Source:c:\RepairSource\Windows /LimitAccess”
- Launch a Clean Boot: Usually, when we start the device in normal mode, some applications (like antivirus software) automatically gets executed on the device in background. Thus, the execution of these programs in the background cause confliction while installing the updates. Thus, the users need to start the device in minimal set of drivers i.e. clean boot. To do so, follow below given steps:
- Launch the start menu, and in the search bar type “System Configuration”
- Execute the “System Configuration” on the device.
- Now, choose the “Services” option among the options displayed on the System Configuration Window.
- Here, Mark the checkbox of “Hide all Microsoft Services”, followed by clicking the “Disable All” button.
- Now, move to “Startup” section, and click the “Open task Manager”.
- Now, choose the entire applications that are enabled on the device (one-by-one), followed by tapping the “Disable” button.
- After disabling all the programs, the close task manager and then click the “OK” button.
- At last, restart the device and try to install the updates of Windows Operating System.
If any of the method detailed in this article creates any sort of issues then the users should visit official website of Microsoft i.e. Office.com/Setup.
Hope this article is quite helpful for the users to resolve their concern of occurrence of Windows Update Database Errors. The Methods or solutions are detailed in descriptive manner and is effective too. If you still see this Windows Update Database Error then you should visit Office.com/Setup and get an assistance from the experts in resolving the issue.