Get your hands on the Outlook’s “Auto-Reply” feature
MS Office as you all might be aware of, never lags behind in updating its tools and apps. Since the demands and needs of the user are growing every now and then, it is the need of the hour for the developers to enhance their software for the convenience of the users. Similar is the case with Outlook which is a part of the Office setup. Now you can set or create rules for replying automatically to an email or conversation.
This all-new feature makes sure that the person who has sent you an email should get a reply even if you are unavailable. This auto-reply rule also ensures that the sender gets to know about your coming back and what has to be done in case there is an emergency. The feature works wonder if you know how to use it and how it works. To use this, you first need to create a template for it and then create the rule for it for which the process is given below.
(Note: the feature works differently on Microsoft exchange server, IMAP and POP mail accounts.)
Step-1 Create an automatic reply email template
In case you wish to set up the automatic reply rule, do as described below:
- The process begins when you open your Outlook and tap on the option that reads as “New Email”.
- After this, type in the “subject” and the message which you wish to share such as “I am unavailable right now” or alike.
- Once you complete your message, hit the “File” option.
- Now, in this step, tap on the “Save As” option.
- Now, choose the type for the “Save As” option from the drop-down menu and hit the “Outlook Template”.
- Change the default subject according to your wish which has already been selected by Outlook followed by the “Save” option.
- In the end, close the message window and move to the next process.
Step-2 Create an automatic reply rule
The automatic reply rule ensures that you send the already created response which is in the form of a template. For this, you have to do the following and your rule will be created:
- First of all, you have to tap on the “file” option followed by “Info”.
- Now, tap on the option that says “Manage Rules & Alerts” and then move to the next step.
- After this, choose the tab saying “Email Rules”.
- Now, you will see an option that reads as “Apply changes”. Under it, you have to choose the recipient whom you wish to send the message followed by tapping on “New rule”.
- Tap on the option that reads as “Apply rule on messages I receive” followed by “Next”. You will see this option in the “Start from a blank rule” tab of your mailbox.
- Here, you can choose to set certain conditions for your message such as “Where my name is in the ‘To’ box check-box” or “reply using a specific template check-box” and then click “Next”.
- After this, edit the rule description and then select the template link of the message that you want to send.
- Now, you have to highlight the template and open it followed by tapping on “Next”.
- Now, choose the recipient’s name, select the rule that you want to apply and then tap on “Finish”.
To sum up-
You can also choose a recipient whom you do not wish to reply automatically by following the on-screen instructions. You can also visit the official website of office.com/setup if at any step you cannot carry forward the process.
Smith is an acclaimed technical writer and his articles have appeared in a number of tech websites. His articles contribute to the latest technology, solutions to technical issues in top branded printers, and viruses, and emails. He focuses on balancing informative contents along with all technical needs. Visit@:- office.com/setup.