Microsoft office, an essential software for home, office and schools is a must have these days. This can be easily downloaded and installed by visiting office.com/setup. But, before you ask as how do I activate my Microsoft Office? Let us understand what exactly office is.
MS Word ⤵
Word is simple word processing software that helps you in daily needs of typing, test formatting, basic designing, page formatting etc. One can also import pictures, and do basic editing and formatting on it. Over the years, Microsoft has brought in a lot of improvements and making it easier to use.
Excel is used for managing data and doing various mathematical calculations. Formula can be applied to the part or whole sheet so that data entered, is automatically categorized and calculation becomes easy.
It is an app to create explainable presentations with 100% customization slides. It becomes easier when plans are explained step-by-step with data elaborated on each slide hence it is also used by corporate. PowerPoint is also being used for educational purposes.
MS Outlook is an email client where a user can synchronize his / her email, personal or professional so that the user can receive and send emails from the computer itself and not visit the mail website always. All email services like MSN Mail, AOL mail, Yahoo Mail, Gmail and official emails too can be synchronized, that too all in one place! It is email made easy. Also, once setup, the user does not need to input the password every time the Outlook is opened.
Other Apps ⤵
There are many other apps like Publisher, OneNote, and Access that are a part of Microsoft office suite. These apps have their specific use and are mostly for professional use. Now that we have learned about Microsoft Office, let’s learn how to install Microsoft Office.
How do I activate my Microsoft Office?
Follow the steps mentioned below and you will be easily able to install MS office on your computer.
- Visit office.com/setup and click on “Sign-in” if you have an account. If not click on “Sign up” and follow the on-screen instructions to make a office Account
- After signing into the Microsoft Account, visit office.com and click on “Sign in” if prompted.
- On the new page, right hand side, click on the “Install office” button
- You will be redirected to Microsoft’s “Subscriptions & Services” page, where you have to click on “Get More Info” link under Office 365
- Again a new page will appear where you will have to click on “Buy and download” button
- Then click on “checkout”
- Then follow the on screen instructions to download the file after the completion of payment.
- Once downloaded, double click the file and follow the onscreen instructions.
But what if you have brought the product from a retail store? Insert the installation media, i.e. CD or DVD on your computer and follow the on screen instructions to install Microsoft Office on your machine. Now the installation has finished, here is how to activate Office
- It will ask you for product key or activation key.
- Office setup product key is printed on a card inside the package box
- Enter the Office setup product key and follow the on-screen instructions.
So this is how you successfully install Microsoft office on your laptop or computer.
Smith is an acclaimed technical writer and his articles have appeared in a number of tech websites. His articles contribute to the latest technology, solutions to technical issues in top branded printers, and viruses, and emails. He focuses on balancing informative contents along with all technical needs. Visit@:- office.com/setup.